Basic and Advanced HUD Occupancy Online Training Courses
|Basic HUD Occupancy||Members $259||Non-Members $349|
|Advanced HUD Occupancy||Members $259||Non-Members $349|
|Basic & Advanced Bundle||Members $435||Non-Members $625|
We hope you find your training experience helpful and informative.
Who should take these courses?
Both the Basic and Advanced courses are designed for all affordable
housing management staff required to use the HUD Handbook 4350.3. It
is especially helpful for property/site managers and multifamily
property management staff responsible for the leasing and occupancy
aspects of the property. This Basic course is ideal for newly hired
manager or those with no HUD experience as well as those needing a
refresher course on the basics and the latest updates. The Advanced
Course is designed for experienced affordable housing staff; it is
particularly helpful for occupancy specialists and management staff.
What is the content of the course?
The Basic and Advanced Occupancy courses are hands-on and will walk
you through the HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV 1, Change 4, as well as
recent HUD Notices and Federal Register releases. This training will
provide explanation of terms and guidance on how to find information
using the handbook.
Please be aware that the course is not all-inclusive of HUD or legal
requirements and users should refer to the 4350.3 Handbook, HUD,
legal counsel or other professional advisors for final interpretation
of requirements. Rocky AHMA and Chamberlain Learning Services have
been diligent in our efforts to provide comprehensive and accurate
regulatory training and shall not be responsible for errors or
Below is a brief outline of each course:
Basic Occupancy Course
- BRIEF REVIEW OF HANDBOOK
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- ANNUAL RECERTIFICATIONS
- INTERIM ADJUSTMENTS
Advanced Occupancy Course
- BRIEF REVIEW OF HANDBOOK
- RESIDENT SELECTION PLAN
- WAITING LIST
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
- CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- STUDENT RULE
- VERIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- LIVE-IN AIDES, ADULT CHILDREN AND REMAINING FAMILY MEMBER
Below are 10 suggestions to help you navigate the course more easily
and will help you gain the most from your online training experience:
- Have your current Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card handy and complete the registration below.
- Have a copy of the current handbook, a calculator and a highlighter on hand.
- Each course takes approximately six hours when viewed in its entirety. You will have access to your training course for five (5) days from the date you first access it. Be sure to start the training at a time when you feel you can complete it within the five-day access period.
- Once you register, you will receive an e-mail confirming the registration and including a unique link for access to the training course.
- Choose one computer for your training. You will not have access to the training on more than one computer or web browser.
- Use a high-speed Internet service.
- Make sure your computer is connected to a printer so you can download helpful forms and worksheets.
- Use a computer with speakers or headphones so you can take advantage of the multimedia capabilities of the trainings.
- Choose an area that is quiet and avoid interruptions.
Note: The cost of this course is based on AHMA
Member and Non-Member rates. If you are not currently a member of
your local AHMA and would like to qualify for the lower member rate
for this training along with receiving many other discounts and
benefits, please contact your local AHMA or go to their website to
obtain membership information. Membership in AHMA will be verified.
Course pricing is $259 members/$349 non-members
For customer support, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, phone number, email address and specific details about the issue you are having. Someone will get back to you within 2 business days, if not sooner.