AHMA - Rocky Mountain Region
To Place A Job Posting
In order to place a job posting, please e-mail all relevant information to Melanie Labonte at Melanie@rockyahma.org or fax the information to our office at (303)840-9003. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to call us at (303) 840-9803.
We have set up a new page dedicated to resumé postings. Please click here to go to the resumé postings page and learn more about this service!
Job Posting Options - MEMBERS:
- Website Posting - $100.00
- Broadcast E-Mail - $100.00
- Both of the above - $175.00
Job Posting Options - NON-MEMBERS:
- All three of the above for $375.00 (individual options are not available for Non-Members)
NEW MEMBER BENEFIT!!! Rocky AHMA members will receive one free job posting per year to be used within the year!
To learn how to become a member click here.
Current Website Job Postings
If you need additional information about the following jobs, please contact the person(s) or company listed in the description.
Apartment ManagerJob Posted: February 10th, 2017
A nonprofit corporation serving the housing needs of low income families in Utah, Seeks a full time Apartment Manager with demonstrated experience in effective property management for a HUD Section 8/202 with Tax Credits Senior and Family Apartment Community.
• Must be a TEAM player with the ability to work independently
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong mathematical skills
• A minimum of 3-5 years experience in HUD Section 8/202 (Project Based) senior housing
• LIHTC experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of HUD occupancy rules and regulations & HUD 4350.3 Handbook
• Experience with HUD computer program a Plus
• Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) preferred
• Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity and honesty
Primary responsibilities include:
• Directly responsible for managing the daily site operation to ensure effective fiscal, physical and social soundness
• Resident selection and certification to ensure all required paperwork, financial & program eligibility is completed accurately and timely
• Conducts initial lease process with certification and annual recertification for HUD and Tax Credit compliance
• General property management duties including unit inspections, rent collections, maintains waiting list, maintenance supervising.
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K
• Generous vacation accrual & holiday schedule
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications for the position. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Assistant Community ManagerJob Posted: February 3rd, 2017
Full-time Senior Affordable Housing Assistant Community Manager Position Available in downtown Denver. 2 years’ experience in property management required. Section 42 (IRS) and/or Project Based Section 8 (HUD) experience required. Competitive compensation plus benefits, salary based on experience.
General Job Duties:
1. To ensure requirements of all affordable housing programs and related compliance are met and maintained in a complete and accurate manner, including but not limited to monitoring the set-aside requirements, providing timely and accurate bond reporting, ensuring the certification and subsequent re-certification of all households, completing and documenting all resident verifications, preparing for and conducting program site inspections, and creating, completing, and maintaining resident files.
2. To ensure the professional leasing of apartments, including but not limited to both telephone and face-to-face sales, grounds and apartment tours, pre-qualifying of potential residents, qualifying of potential residents, completing appropriate paperwork required by management and affordable housing programs, and follow-up with potential residents and verification sources.
3. To supervise community operations and personnel, including but not limited to assisting Corporate Management in the interviewing and hiring of community associates, documenting incidents relating to possible liability for the community, completing or aiding Corporate Management in the Associate review process, providing leadership and direction to residents and Associates of the community, training Associates in community standards, policies, and procedures and ensuring compliance with same, and communicating variances verbally and/or in writing, as appropriate.
4. To provide timely and clear communication with residents, including but not limited to presenting community services, following up on issues and concerns, documenting incidents relating to possible liability for the community, providing updates and notices (including 24 hour notice for apartment inspections), and ensuring superior customer service to residents and visitors.
5. To ensure all collections are completed and deposited in a timely manner and exceptions are processed in compliance with local and managerial requirements, including but not limited to collecting rents and related charges (including late fees and assessments for damages), preparing deposits for pick-up and relating reporting to the Corporate Office, and monitoring and following up on delinquencies (including rent, utilities, etc.)
6. To accurately complete and communicate required reporting in a timely manner, including but not limited to preparing and submitting weekly occupancy and delinquency reports to the Corporate Office, completing and communicating deposit summaries, processing CAM reporting within the required timeframe, preparing and forwarding HAP vouchers to the Corporate Office, and providing various other communications to the Corporate Office.
7. To manage adherence to the operating budget, including but not limited to contributing to budget creation, monitoring and addressing variances from budgeted amounts, communicating anticipated capital improvement needs, promoting budgetary awareness amongst community Associates, ensuring appropriate vendor relations (including with utility providers), forecasting financial changes, and reviewing and directing invoices.
8. To ensure the community is appropriately marketed and maintained to community standards, including but not limited to managing the waiting list(s), providing community outreach, communicating market changes to Corporate Management, and advising Corporate Management on advertising opportunities.
9. To ensure legal functions, especially evictions, are completed in accordance with management and local requirements, including but not limited to ensuring strict compliance with Fair Housing requirements, administering ten-day and three-day notices in strict adherence to requirements, tracking cases through the legal process and following up as needed, and communicating with attorneys and the Corporate Office appropriately.
10. To ensure the community, grounds, apartments, and common areas are maintained in a safe and marketable condition, including but not limited to processing work order requests in a timely fashion, preparing for and conducting community inspections as required, ensuring compliance with fire extinguisher inspections, inspecting and confirming market ready status of vacant apartments, monitoring various community inventories (including tools and basic supplies), and identifying possible liabilities (including condition of smoke detectors, trip hazards, etc…)
11. To perform other duties as assigned by Corporate Management.
Professional presentation, ability to prioritize, superior communication skills, problem-solving abilities, sales experience, detail-oriented, organizational ability, time management
Bilingual, multi-family real estate management experience, knowledge of and experience with HUD and/or Section 42
Resumes can be faxed to 619-330-4684 or emailed to email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Property Manager - Section 8 HousingJob Posted: January 19th, 2017
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others every day, while you grow your career in Property Management? Senior Housing Options, Inc., a non-profit providing affordable, safe housing and care for seniors and people with disabilities, has a great opportunity for a Property Manager to join our team.
The Property Manager at The Olin Hotel Apartments will oversee a 107-unit Section 8 Housing facility while working closely with our residents to provide high quality, affordable housing in accordance with current federal, state and HUD regulations. This role will manage a team who will collectively encourage and support a safe, stable, and comfortable living environment without compromising resident rights and confidentiality.
Key duties include:
• Manage team of employees to carry out the operations of the facility, including housekeeping and janitorial functions, to ensure the facility maintains a clean appearance and safe living conditions at all times
• Comply with HUD/Section 8 housing requirements and promote Fair Housing standards to all tenants
• Ensure facility is at 100% capacity at all times; quickly and effectively manage a resident waitlist
• Manage property budget and ensure all expenses are accounted for and within budget
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s in related field such as Human Services preferred; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Minimum three (3) years prior work experience managing a Section 8 facility
• Prior working experience with an elderly and/or disabled population a plus
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with HUD software (Yardi) preferred
• Prior supervisory experience a must
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
Expected Hours of Work:
• This role is considered full-time and works 40 hours per week, typically Monday through Friday. Availability on evenings, weekends and holidays to support emergencies may be required.
What We Offer:
• Onsite living with reduced rent, if interested!
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance benefits for employees
• 403(b) retirement plan with 2% match, subject to vesting requirements
• Opportunities for training, career growth and leadership development
• An employer with a mission you can believe in and a team that works together to achieve it
You will love working in our Capitol Hill location in a historic Denver building, less than two blocks from the Capitol. Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Manager - Denver, COJob Posted: January 6th, 2017
Ross Management Group is looking for a Community Manager for a 86 unit Section 8/Tax Credit scattered site property in Denver CO
The Community Manager is responsible for reporting directly to the Regional Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise the turnover of apartments for move-in, and move-outs to ensure that apartments are suitable for occupancy.
• Address all lease violations and work with staff in referring residents to resources in order to promote high quality of living for our residents.
• Oversee adherence of all residents to the lease by resolving lease violations and referring residents to appropriate resources in order to promote high quality of living for all residents.
• Prepare and process property payables on a weekly basis.
• Enter all rent receipts.
• Process all move-out dispositions.
• Qualify all applicants for applicable programs.
• Annually recertify all households for applicable programs.
• Ensure efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical systems and all aspects of the building and ground’s security and cleanliness by contracting with specialized vendors and contractors, tracking warrantee information and assuring implementation of preventative maintenance programs in order to keep the building and grounds in compliance with fire codes and building codes.
• Communicate and report to supervisor any matters regarding liability and risk management issues at assigned property as well as any suggestions to improve or enhance quality of life issues provided by community to residents.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with company policies.
• Works on other tasks deemed necessary by Regional Manager.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
Directly supervises all site personnel.
• Previous experience in multi-family housing Section 8 and/or Tax Credit housing programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing requirements.
• Ability to prepare and maintain reports and communicate effectively orally and in writing with persons of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to use conflict resolution skills with residents
• Ability to operate basic office equipment.
• Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with company staff and with a diverse client base.
• Ross Management Group will process a background check and conduct drug screening on all potential candidates. EOE
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years equivalent experience with HUD and or CHFA, or other affordable housing programs as Property Site Manage, Leasing Agent, Compliance Technician or Assistant Site Manager. Experience with Yardi considered a plus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or Fax to 303-860-1879.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Senior Housing PlannerJob Posted: November 29th, 2016
Salary Range-$65,000 - $80,000
The Town of Vail is seeking a Senior Housing Planner to perform broad-based professional housing related duties to further our goals of providing housing affordability and diversity in the community. In this position the focus will be on expanding and improving affordable housing through preparing strategic plans, completing research, presenting reports, implementing housing initiatives, special projects, facilitating housing enforcement programs and assisting the general public with housing questions and compliance. The position will require management of complex projects as well as independent judgment to implement and coordinate the Town of Vail’s housing programs. The Senior Housing Planner will demonstrate the experience and passion necessary to make an impact and contribute to the future of Vail as we create housing solutions that are so vital to the success of our community.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER: HUD & LIHTC PROPERTIES (AURORA)Job Posted: November 11th, 2016
compensation: 48k per year plus bonus and commission potential
employment type: full-time
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Property Manager that has experience managing a HUD property (Section 8) and a tax credit property (LIHTC). Both communities are located in Aurora and are 60 and 30 units respectively. Must have great communication, customer service skills, be able to work independently and be very well organized. The primary responsibilities of the manager are but not limited to: working with the maintenance supervisor to ensure the grounds are completed daily, enter service requests, expert accounts receivable skills - ledger research & posting payments, accounts payable - process and enter all invoices, complete weekly and monthly financial reports, settle any resident disputes or lease violations, process eviction paperwork if necessary, and process move in applications and re-certifications under the Section 8 and tax credit guidelines. Only experienced Property Managers with HUD experience will be considered.
Benefits include paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, 401k, and medical/dental.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER